Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Greetings! Welcome to Local Treats!

LT is the place where I will be writing about my travels throughout this great country of ours, this summer. I will meet new people, see new things, and last but not least, try new foods I haven't ever seen before! Every place has foods that are special to that region, and I think you can learn a lot about people based on what they eat! I also think that it is a big gesture of friendliness to show that you are willing to try things other people like.

This blog is going to be read by my students at PS 153 in Manhattan, NY, so please keep comments and questions APPROPRIATE AT ALL TIMES. That means YOU, fifth graders! (Just kidding. Let's all watch our language.)

I encourage you all to write in with suggestions for places to see, or things to do, if you know the area we're heading in to. Or use this blog as a starting point for an introduction to this great place!

Issue me challenges. For instance:

1. Take a picture with a local police person. Ask them nicely.

2. Find the local library and see if you're allowed to check out a book.

Then if I do those challenges, I'll take pictures or post about it! You can read all about my adventures this summer and it will be like you're right there! In the back seat! Kicking the back of my chair! HEY YOU CUT THAT OUT OR I AM TURNING THIS CAR AROUND AND WE ARE GOING HOME!

No comments: