Saturday, August 11, 2007

We are in Lander, Wyoming. We've seen lots of pioneer museums and living recreations of history of the Oregon Trail. We watched a cool movie at the museum narrated by a ten year old character who described crossing the country in a covered wagon. Obviously, it was fiction!!!

We are staying at a campground called POPO AGIE CAMPGROUND which is pronounced some odd way that I already forgot. It's at the bottom of a canyon with a creek rushing by our campsite.

We stopped at the local independent bookstore and ended up sitting at the cafe for hours talking to the people that worked there. One of them was a young guy who also works at the Pioneer Museum, so he gave us some local recommendations. He said, "Before I leave, let me show you a magic trick". Turned out he was an AMAZING magician! We ought to have taken pictures. He was brilliant. He gave us his card and I will email him and thank him for the wonderful show. One of those guys that just seems to be brilliant at everything.

Tonight we will be grilling on the fire and doing smores. Wheee!!!!

Now I can post from my phone so hopefully I will be doing it more often. I am right now at a laundromat next to a small child who was watching Spongebob and coming way closer to me and asking me way more questions than I, a New Yorker, am comfortable with!

Oh, great. I thought the Spongebob marathon was bad- somehow the kid got the remote and put on something scary and gory!!! His brother is shouting, CHANGE IT!!! CHANGE IT!!! And I am telling him it's even too scary for ME.

Oh, good. Cartoons again. At least they're just ANNOYING, not inappropriate, and I'm outta here, anyway!

Greetings and Salutations From Wyoming!!!!

No comments: